Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Knitting Update - Mittens & Hat!

Winter is nearly finished, so naturally I've finished a few knitting projects that would have aided me in the quest to keep warm over the last few months.

Actually, I finished these mittens a few weeks ago, but I thought I'd share them :)
Aren't they a lovely colour? It's Hedgehog Fibres Sock yarn in Pollen, which I knit held double
 I started knitting them before I actually chose a pattern to use, just using my wrist to guess how much ribbing to cast on. Once I finished the ribbing I found the Vintage Cable Mittens pattern, which conveniently had the same number of stitches, and used it for the cable pattern, and the thumb size... 

I also improvised the top flap, but I may have to add a crochet edge to the top flap's opening... We'll see! 


Aaand I also made a Hat!
I used The Chunky Feather and Fan pattern, and an Aran weight yarn held double, 6mm Needles... Knitted up so fast I didn't get a chance to take in progress photos! Seriously, two evenings in front of the TV. Boom. No more cold ears.
And it's loose enough that I can wear my hair up under it without it looking TOO strange!

Are you on Ravelry? If so, here are the project links for the Mittens and Hat. My user name is Hollytron, add me! I'd love to see what you've been making!
xx

2 comments:

  1. These are so lovely Holly, the mittens are stunning and the colours are beautiful too!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily!
      They are such cheerful mittens - Wearing them is like having happiness on my hands! ;D

      Delete

Do leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my ramblings!